Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Precautions
Somniloquy Sleep Education Institute. LLC has adopted extra infection control policies based upon the
recommendations and guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and
the American Association of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
• Students and instructors must put on a face mask and eye protection before entering the
facility. Somniloquy Sleep Education institute will place extra masks, eye protection, and hand
sanitizer near the school entrance for student use.
• Students must call ahead to reschedule the Let’s Talk Sleep Focused 2 Program if they have any
symptoms of COVID-19 within the 10 days prior to the start of the program, if they have had
close contact with an individual with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to
start of the program, or if they develop symptoms during the program.
• Students, instructors, and volunteers will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entry to
the school and will undergo a temperature check. If symptoms of COVID-19 are present they
will be asked to leave immediately and to call and reschedule the program or class to a later
• Students with any symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to attend classes but will be
allowed to reschedule to a later program offering for no additional cost or fees.
• In the event a student is found to have COVID-19 while attending or shortly after attending a
Let’s Talk Sleep Focused 2 Program, the school administrator will contact any potentially
exposed students or volunteers by phone and email and will instruct the individual on any
actions or follow up that are recommended/required by the local health authority.
● Performing a polysomnography requires close physical contact between students and volunteer
patients undergoing the procedure. However, when possible students should maintain a physical
distance of at least 6 feet between people.
● Students should perform hand hygiene before and after all patient contact, contact with
potentially infectious material, and before putting on or removing PPE, including gloves.
Somniloquy Sleep Education Institute will provide hand sanitizer and a restroom is located
directly across the hall so students may wash their hands with soap and water when visibly
● Students or volunteer patients undergoing polysomnography may remove the mask while
undergoing a procedure but must place the mask back on before exiting the test room.
● Mannequins are available to practice electrode placement and pre-procedure skills to minimize
physical interaction between students and volunteers.
● Class sizes will be limited to 5 students to allow room for physical distancing and classroom
seating will be arranged so students can sit 6 feet apart.
● Visitors will not be permitted.
● PAP Titrations are considered aerosol generating procedures which could put students and at
higher risk for contracting the COVID-19 virus. To safely perform these procedures students are
required to use both standard PPE and an N95 mask or higher-level respirator. Somniloquy
Sleep Education institute will provide one N95 per student as these masks are in high demand
need to be preserved practicing healthcare professionals. Additionally, any patient volunteer
who chooses to undergo a PAP titration will be required to complete a COVID-19 test at least 2
days prior to the procedure and must isolate at home from testing until procedure unless a rapid
same day test is available.
● Disposable medical equipment will be used whenever possible. All non-disposable medical
equipment used for patient care practice or procedures will be cleaned and disinfected
according to manufacturer’s instructions and all environmental cleaning and disinfection
procedures are followed consistently and correctly.
● Somniloquy Sleep Education Institute will complete routine cleaning and disinfection procedures
(Using cleaners and water to pre-clean surfaces, using hospital-grade disinfectants on frequently
touched surfaces or objects as indicated on the products label, etc.)